Family Dental Health
We offer free NHS dentistry to children aged under 18 and can also offer private care if requested. Many parents ask us to provide NHS dentistry for their children and pay extra for services which are not funded by the NHS such as gum shields.
If your child needs orthodontic (tooth straightening) treatment, we can refer them to our experienced orthodontic practitioner.
Some children are eligible for NHS Orthodontic treatment, others have to pay – the orthodontist will be able to advise you of your treatment options when they have assessed your child’s teeth.
At Glasgow Dental Centre, we participate in the Childsmile programme. Childsmile is a national programme designed to improve the oral health of children in Scotland.
Under Childsmile, you will be given advice and support from our dental team, who will show you how you can stop your child from suffering from tooth decay in the future.
Our dental team will:
- Give information on how teeth grow and develop and carry out regular checks to make sure the teeth and gums are healthy.
- Offer hints and tips on dental care.
- Demonstrate and explain toothbrushing.
- Promote toothbrushing messages e.g. spit don’t rinse.
- Advise on weaning and healthy snacks and drinks.
- Provide clinical care including twice yearly fluoride varnish.
As a CHILDSMILE practice we wish to encourage parents to register children from birth, and we presently promote this programme for all eligible children.
Register your child today by calling us on 0141 554 6187.